Thursday, December 28, 2006

Adelaide - Australia

The flight from Singapore to Adelaide was just so lucious! I don't think I've ever enjoyed a flight so much in my life! Singapore Airlines is the BEST!!! There was a little screen in front of me and it offered me games - tv shows - and films, all in my control! There was also a phone there so I could call other seats on the plane for free! It was hard to resist the temptation!! Hehe! So basically I hardly slept - which I was supposed to do since we were flying at night!

So meating up with the Australia branch of my family felt very much like a dream, because I was so sleep deprived. But it was fun. We had our own little Christmas here and it was such a joy seeing the excitement in my nephew's eyes! I haven't seen them in 5 years! Can you imagine? Needless to say, we played loads of Wii!!!

The day after we went to a wildlife park. For a Norwegian, it was really bizarre hearing things like "Oh, we have better parrots at home!" and "Yeah! We had a kuala bear in our garden one time!". You know, they actually put nets in the middle of the highway so that kuala bears can climb over the divide?

The creatures around the house are weird. The birds have strange noises - one sounds like an annoying alarm clock. And my sister and brother-in-law keep turning on the WoW so virtual creatures are all around as well!!!

Yesterday we went to a hotel for lunch - apparently not what it sounds like. A bar, a pub, a restaurant and slot machines (pokies) - no rooms!

This morning we went to the beach, which was lovely!!! And now we're off to see the town!!!

I've completely fallen head over heals for my nephews and the family dog, Buzz!!! I really wanna take them with me in my suitcase!

2 comments:

øistein said...

Hei Linn, artig å lese resymé fra turen med "din mor og de" til din søsters familie i Adelaide. Fant blog'en din nå nettopp. Det virker som dere har hatt en fantastisk tur, vi gleder oss til å høre referat fra din mor, og se mange bilder. Fant noen bilder på en annen av dine sider!
Øistein (Marit's mann)

øistein said...

Du må hilse til de gamle når du snakker med dem.
Øistein